Steamed Duck Stuffed with Pickled Plums (Serves 4-6)
1 whole duck
2 tbsp Pat Chun Dark Soy Sauce
2 tsp corn starch
2 tsp salt
150g Pat Chun Pickled Plums, mashed
150g rock sugar
1 tbsp Pat Chun Chinese rice wine
2½ tsp Pat Chun Bean Paste Supreme
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 slices ginger, chopped
1. Blanch duck in boiling water. Hang dry.
2. Coat entire duck with Pat Chun Dark Soy Sauce.
3. Lightly fry duck in 2 tbsp of oil and 2 slices of ginger.
4. Remove duck from frying pan. Combine ingredients for stuffing and mix well. Put stuffing into duck. Steam for 1½ hours.
5. To make gravy, collect run off juices. Skim off fat and thicken by adding corn starch.
6. Chop duck into bite size pieces. Pour gravy over duck. Serve.