Hainanese Chicken Rice (Serve 4-6)
500g Thai fragrant rice
1/2 bottle Pat Chun Chicken Rice Mix(120g)
700ml water or chicken soup
1 Fresh Chicken
3 slices of ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Wash chicken and remove giblets.
2. Immerse chicken in boiling water, add 2 slices of ginger and leave on the fire.
3. When the water is re-boiled, lift the chicken and drain the water from the chicken cavity into the pot.
4. Repeat step 3 times.
5. Leave the chicken immersed in the water for 20-30 minutes.
6. Alternative to steps 2-5, steam chicken with a piece of ginger inside for 25 minutes.
7. Rub chicken with salt and sesame oil.
8. Wash and drain the Thai fragrant rice.
9. Mix the rice with Pat Chun Chicken Rice Mix
10. Stir well and pour into the rice cooker to cook and serve